Old 06-06-2006, 09:59 PM posted to rec.gardens
Elaine

Default kudzu

Oh yes I would call it crazy for sure. I am in Georgia.
We spent our lives pulling it out of everything. PLEASE don't think
about planting it. There are other more nature friendly vines you can grow.
Google it.
Elaine
"Phisherman" wrote in message
On Tue, 06 Jun 2006 17:14:40 GMT, "readandpostrosie"
wrote:

i live up on a bluff from lake michigan, and would like to get my hands on
some KUDZU for stabilization......................i am not having any luck
with purchasing through GOOGLE.

anyone?

Anyone in the South would call this crazy. Zudzu grows exceptionally
fast, covers street signs, covers homes, and shades/kills trees and
bushes. You might consider some other ground cover. Pachysandra
should grow well. Other options include grass, lily of the
valley,vinca, and a variety of vines. Not sure if kudzu would grow
well in Michigan. If it did, you'd regret ever planting it. Roundup
does not stop kudzu. BTW, we have zudzu festivals here. It is
edible.