Old 07-06-2006, 01:27 AM posted to rec.gardens
Erik Vastmasd

Default PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Duckweed

On Tue, 06 Jun 2006 18:01:22 -0600, Jack Schmidling plucked a feather
from Fawkes, dipped it into the ink well and then scribed:

Marl Jeffcoat wrote:

Your picture makes me envious - I'm betting you could put an ad up on
Ebay, and become a Duckweed Baron.

Better yet, let's ignore that sour grapes posting and send me your
address and I will send you a bag of nice fresh duckweed.

Then I need to get some some goldfish and sell the boat.

I really have a hard time believing the goldfish thing but I am never
too old to learn something new.

One thing for sure, the ducks don't eat it.

I believe the goldfish story. :-)

Many years ago when I kept goldfish in an outside pond I needed to
grow duckweed in a separate pond without goldfish. When I had a
sufficient supply I would scoop up a net full to give them which they
treated as food and it would be all gone in 5 - 10 minutes.

--
Erik Vastmasd