Old 06-06-2006, 10:29 PM posted to sci.bio.botany,sci.med
Charles

Default Juneberry, amelanchor species; orange leaves

On 6 Jun 2006 10:21:46 -0700, wrote:

Charles wrote:

Oxalic acid

Yes I thought it was oxalic acid. Sort of like tannic acid in tea.

I am not quite sure why some have proffered a thesis that some acids
are less than good for you. That citric acid is good for you but that
tannic or oxalic acid is less good.

It reminds me of the thesis that the body cannot digest much of what is
in "beans" and we emit as a gas rather than solid.

I do not like this newest and latest angle of diets and segregating
food into good acids or bad acids. Surely it would be bad if we took
only citric acid and not the other acids for a balanced diet.

Archimedes Plutonium
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium

It could be that it is considered bad because it is poisonous. Some
effects are convulsions, coma, and death.