Old 07-06-2006, 01:46 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Duckweed

Snooze wrote:

Then please enlighten me, exactly how do these pictures qualify as being
"photo of the week"?
http://schmidling.com/duckwd1.jpg
http://schmidling.com/duckwd2.jpg

Being my web site, I reserve the right to define what a photo of the
week is. I have been doing this for ten years and have never missed a
week. I never claimed they were trophy photos and frequently the
interest is in the story not the quality of the photo.

I mean, besides walking up to the edge of the pond, and pressing a button on
a point and shoot?

I doubt most folks would consider a $900 Canon Digital Rebel a point
and shoot nor the tens of thousands I have invested in the equipment
used to take all the astrophotos that I have been posted over the
years.

The lack of resolution limits an in-depth critique, but here goes.

Then why bother. Low res photos tell the story and make life easy for
those of us on dialup. Where resolution is needed, I crop.

So now that I have given you the courtesy of an answer, kindly tell us
what is bugging you or what your mission is.

js

Astronomy, Beer, Cheese, Fiber,Gems, Sausage,Silver
http://schmidling.com