Old 07-06-2006, 01:52 PM posted to rec.ponds
~Roy

Default New to ponds

A solenoid to divert water flow is easily added, and much cheaper than
buying and running a 2nd pump if you desire to shut off water fall
etc........and it too can be on a timer circuit.

On Tue, 06 Jun 2006 21:08:18 -0700, Go Fig wrote:
In article , Steve
wrote:

So basically no matter what pumps I chose to use I should probably just get
one pump and filter set up and one waterfall pump. Correct?

Not necessarily, the advantage w/ 2 pumps is you can turn off the water
fall pump w/ a timer if you want it quiet at night... or a portion of
the night. My preference is 2 pumps.

jay
Tue Jun 06, 2006

"Go Fig" wrote in message
In article , Steve
wrote:

Well I have been reading for a few weeks and finally decided to do a
pond.
I will probably just put a few small goldfish in it nothing big. It will
be
a preformed one from HD 165 gallons and 18" deep. I will bring in the
goldfish in the winter to an aquarium ( i have 4 of them).

My questions is : I will be getting a pump and filter combo (Beckett
Small
Pond Filter Kit Model 7040210). Will I be able to run a waterfall that
is 2
ft high and about 3 feet away from where the pump will be located?

It is very doubtful that this matched pump will run this proposed
waterfall with more than a small trickle (perhaps the desirable
effect)... consider using a 2nd pump to run the waterfall... a
Pondmaster #12 might be a good choice w/ 1" tubing for a strong flow/
rate.

Have you looked at the Pondmaster filter w/ a skimmer ?

Good Luck!

jay
Mon Jun 05, 2006

noticed that it has a valve for other water features on it so that is
what I
was going to hook up to it. I will use the fountain attachement also.

Thanks in advance. It is all confusing to me. I am jsut not wanting to
spend money on two pumps if not needed.

Thanks
steve