Old 07-06-2006, 02:42 PM posted to rec.ponds
~Roy

Default Lily Pad and mud

But CArol Gulley says tomatoe and rose fertilizer stakes are more
thansufficient for lily fertilization........duh! Probably why she has
to add all the supplements she has to add.........aout like her cat
fish chow for her koi being more than adequate......Nothing but a
cheap ased bitch

On Wed, 07 Jun 2006 09:09:37 -0400, Hal wrote:
On Tue, 6 Jun 2006 21:56:14 -0400, (Peter Smith)
wrote:

Today when I got home from work I took the plant out, washed all the mud
out and left only the round bark and roots.
I took pea gravel, put the plant in a terra cotta flower pot, then put
it back in.
Do lily's have soil?
If so.
What kind of soil?
How deep?

I found it more difficult to fertilize the pebbles media, but some
have ponds that apparently don't need fertilizer added to make good
lily growth, or perhaps the see things differently from me. I wish
you well, and I would suggest a long lasting fertilizer like
Aquatic-Spikes once a year fertilizer (Time Released) fertilizer since
my experience with regular fertilizers like Job's tomato stakes didn't
seem to last well. They dissolve into the water and leach out of the
stones much quicker than they would out of garden soil or clay media.

Regards,

Hal