Old 07-06-2006, 09:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David W.E. Roberts

Default advice on plum trees please

"KK" wrote in message
I'm thinking of planting a plum tree later this summer in a corner of the
garden. There seem to be plenty of self-pollinating varieties. Any general
advice on varieties, planting, care etc would be very welcome.

You don't say if you want eaters or cookers.

In general, if you are only planting one tree then go for Victoria.

Choose your rootstock depending on the size of your garden
The nurseryman should be able to recommend which one to use.

I seem to remember that our Victoria came on semi-dwarfing St. Julien A but
it was a long time ago.

HTH

Dave R