Old 07-06-2006, 01:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default ****ing on compost

On 7/6/06 13:04, in article , "Rupert (W.Yorkshire)"
wrote:

"La Puce" wrote in message
ps.com...

Sacha wrote:
Which you won't pass on without his permission, presumably? It's all too
easy for any old bod to contact you for that now. ;-(

If someone wants to get in touch there's indeed lots of way - he's been
in touch via Guy King on uk.sheds. The sheddies have sent him a card
too. Now if you want to write, I'll give it to you, but I'll give it to
someone who's been around here for a while and who knows him. Not just
anybody off course.

Please do not distribute his address to anyone.He would prefer you to make
any contact through a third party such as Guy King.

I don't know who Guy King is but I do think it unwise to give out someone's
address without their permission. There's no knowing whether they'll pass
it on to others, or indeed if Rusty - or anyone else - will appreciate it
being handed out. I'd rather act on the basis that if anyone wants others
to have their address, they'll give it to them personally.
Some years ago I was given a severe ticking off by a past poster because I'd
given the email address of someone who used to post here. Happily, the
email addy I gave was the one she'd always used on this group so I had
disclosed nothing that couldn't be found in the archive and my ticker off
apologised. But people do feel strongly about this and rightly so, IMO.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk