Old 07-06-2006, 08:58 PM posted to rec.gardens
AndyS

Default Chigger bugs how to control them?

Andy writes:

I learned this from an RV newsgroup about 10 years ago and , having
tried it, it seems to work well..

I apply DAWN liquid detergent as a lotion. I've never gotten small
critter bites when I have done this.

Also, when I have forgotten, and gone inside, and my legs start to
itch, I THEN apply DAWN as above. In about 10 minutes, the itching
stops and nothing else bad happens....

Many people swear by giving their dog or cat a bath using DAWN and
that it kills/removes ticks and flees. Others swear that using
ordinary
soap products will hurt the pet.... I've been using it on a Siberian
Husky
for 5 years with good results.... It lathers well, and the soap/water
apparently
suffocates the flees.... I am not sure.... but it works, and Sam is
very
healthy, tho also very lazy.....

Give it a shot. I am not sure about other soap detergents. I have
used
them, but DAWN is the one that people on the newsgroups write about
for this insect repelling/killing property......

Andy in Eureka, Texas --- living in
the woods.