Old 07-06-2006, 09:04 PM posted to rec.gardens
Elaine

Default kudzu

Vivian oh please,there are some things they eat up North that would make me
puck.
Cows eat it but it takes two years for them to kill it and it grows to fast.
Drink Milk?
Here are some recipes for ya'll.
http://home.att.net/~ejlinton/jelly.html

BTW Kudzu has even made it to New York (probably someone on vacation and
decided to take some home?)
so if anyone thinks it dies in the winter...it doesn't.
The roots are there ready to pop back up next spring. I know when we have
had our first frost by
when the Kudzu wilts but it is there waiting for the next warm weather to
rejuvenate and grow like crazy.
Elaine in Ga
Zone7

"potesta" wrote in message
oups.com...
I would be weary of eating any weed from the south--in the Appalachians
they have "ramp" festivals where they harvest the wild ramp (a type of
leek). The stuff smells when you cook it and makes you smell awful
after eating it. I would worry about the same with Kudzu.

vivian wrote:
. BTW, we have zudzu festivals here. It is
edible.

What's it taste like? (Just curious, hoping the answer is fiddlehead
ferns.)

viv