Old 07-06-2006, 06:05 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
jtill

Default Boggarden orchids (1/1)

Susan Erickson wrote:
On 7 Jun 2006 07:59:20 -0700, "Jack" wrote:

to my understanding (moderators feel free to chime in) this type of new
group doesn't handle pictures due to size, pictures are either cut, or
the entire message thread is.

jack

You have it half right. This is an OLD group. A group from the days
that ISPs did not support binaries. This is a text only group. Any
photo may or may not be scrubbed depending on the ISP and who they
interact with. Many servers support portions of our chats. Some have
more space dedicated to us than others. The smaller ones scrub the
excess - old messages and photos go first. But a photo that squeaks
thru kicks out all the things whose space it hogs.

At least that is the explanation I have heard before. We are not a
new group. Due to the desire to post photos, Kye started a new
binaries (primarily) site (alt.binaries.pictures.orchids).we call
ABPO. You will find most of us read both groups and often post
references her to photos posted there. We maintain the discussion
here, partially because some ISPs will not host ABPO. Join us in
both, and please post photos over there.
SuE

Sue, most know that but some newbies don't and some make mistakes. I
think that hammering them rather than explaining limits their
participation. Personally I am a lot older than this group, from the
time when groups wore long hair and lived in communes, yet the years
have left me with a sunny disposition, :-)) (That is a picture) and an
intolerance for cranky plank owners, and, being a former Marine,
scowles and screams roll off me like water off a ducks back.
Now where were we? Oh, if this is an Experts group I am out of here.

Joe T aka Julysun
Baytown by the Bay