Old 07-06-2006, 07:55 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default How Bout This

Exactly. This is why I am never touching bark and soggy spagh in
mature plants ever again.

I'd ask you what Aliflor is, but I'll just Google it. Thanks for the
info ! Keep it coming. There's gotta be better alternatives out there,
and Im convinced they're the way to go.

Diana Kulaga wrote:
We've moved almost all our Phals into Aliflor. I'm thinking about trying one
in S/H, too. We use spag if we need to root a plant or if mounting.

Down at Redland this year, we noticed that the growers are really trending
away from bark mixes. There are exceptions, of course, but I saw more Catts
in Aliflor/CHC/charcoal mixes than before. Of course, we repot once we get
home and the flowers are gone, but IMO the roots on these plants are in much
better condition than those of the plants in those mud mixes.

Diana