Old 07-06-2006, 05:44 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Default Lily Pad and mud - lily growth

Who cares about your
Neibors" pnd carol you certianly do not have one now do yu, no matter
whose pics yu put up and proclaim to be yours, you simply do not have
a pond..........nor the common sense requred to keep a pnd or aquatic
plants. Its what you find on the web and claim as yours..........

Once a liar always a liar,

On Wed, 7 Jun 2006 10:06:43 -0500, "Koi-Lo" Reply to NG Only wrote:
*Note: There are two "Koi-Lo's" on the pond and aquaria groups.

"Hal" wrote in message
m...
I found it more difficult to fertilize the pebbles media, but some
have ponds that apparently don't need fertilizer added to make good
lily growth, or perhaps the see things differently from me.

Derek has water that grows lilies without soil or fertilizer. I have no
such luck and have to plant mine in soil and fertilize them if I want decent
growth an any flowers at all.

I wish
you well, and I would suggest a long lasting fertilizer like
Aquatic-Spikes once a year fertilizer (Time Released) fertilizer since
my experience with regular fertilizers like Job's tomato stakes didn't
seem to last well.

In soil they last all summer.

They dissolve into the water and leach out of the
stones much quicker than they would out of garden soil or clay media.

Regards,

Hal