Old 07-06-2006, 04:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default ****ing on compost

George.com writes
A question for those who **** on their compost heap. How often do you apply
it? What ratio do you? Neat or mixed with water.

I'm not sure you're likely to hit the upper limit.
I used to live in a house with an outside loo. Overnight, rather than
face the trip outside, we used to pee in a bucket, almost filling the
bucket in the morning. I'd tip this into an 18 inch square hole (about
12 inches deep) in the morning along with the tea leaves and veg
peelings. The garden was only about 20ft by 10ft, so we had very little
garden waste to add. It turned into the most perfect compost I have ever
made, studded with beautiful new potatoes from the peelings. And we
never had problems with smell.

To answer your question - nowadays, I apply any time I need to while in
the garden (ie, virtually never in the winter, perhaps two or three
times a day on summer weekends), neat. Or mixed with rainwater,
depending on the state of the tub I use as a delivery mechanism.
--
Kay