Old 07-06-2006, 06:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Paul Corfield

Default The influence of urg......... ;-)

On Wed, 7 Jun 2006 10:47:40 +0100, Sacha Hubbard
wrote:

Yes, this is tongue in cheek but it's very topical given our recent
discussions about Chelsea and Carol Klein. A trade journal writes that
Carol is to make 10 half hour films on NGS open gardens for a BBC2 day time
slot. Each episode includes 2 gardens, one opening for the first time and
one trying to get into the Yellow Book. It's expected to transmit in
September.

Interesting - that builds on the regular use of NGS gardens in old
series of Gardeners World and also the two series of Garden Makers that
Joe Swift presented. It was in the latter that I saw the Romsey garden
that I decided to visit a couple of weeks ago.

As GW is being repeated regularly on satellite telly at present I now
cross check any garden I see on an old edition to see if it is still in
the NGS book - almost all of them are.

And Carol is also working on a series for BBC Birmingham about growing veg.
This will be broadcast in early 2007. She is quoted as saying that the
series is 'prescient' and would fill a gap in TV gardening.

Also fills a gap in the gardening programme rota at that time of year
and is nicely timed to allow people to sow seeds and get ready for the
new growing year.
--
Paul C