Old 07-06-2006, 09:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default ****ing on compost

H Ryder writes
There is a ng devoted to the shed ethos,

which is???

Accumulation of tat or tqt (top quality tat) which may come in useful
when you get a round tuit, to be stored in a shed where you go to escape
the nastier sides of life (but never, ever actually finish any project
or 'molish' anything), and settle down with a pork pie. Unpleasantness
in avoided by using a simple cypher for certain words, so that 'work'
for example becomes jbex, and this had led to further language
developments, and interesting concepts like a 'bonsai shed' - the drawer
in the kitchen where all the pieces of string end up.

At least, that was the state of affairs a few years ago when we used to
hold shed-moots and pop-pop boat races in our garden, but undoubtedly
things have moved on a bit since then.
--
Kay