Old 08-06-2006, 12:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
VisionSet

Default can i cut my dead bluebells?

"Chris Bacon" wrote in message
VisionSet wrote:
"DominiqueB" wrote
Hello I am new to gardening forums. I would like to know if I can cut
off all the dead stems and foliage from my blue bells as I am keen to
plant some more flowers in my borders and the dead flowers look awful
and are in the way! Can anyone advise me

So if you want them to spread quickly let the foliage die back

naturally,
otherwise chop them back. Other bulbs aren't likely to be so tolerant.

I have a lot of bluebells in the wrong place. When can I dig them up
and move them?

I did just that, made a nice bluebell wood instead of in my alpine bed.
I moved them in August I think. I'd wait till then, should be okay in July
though. Easy to miss bulbs and they'll iritatingly be back though, ie 5mm
across or less. Fetch those out when they sprout next year.
--
Mike W