Old 08-06-2006, 06:40 AM posted to aus.gardens
FlowerGirl

Default vegetating eroded bank

"Rob & Shel" wrote in message
Hi there,

Not long moved out from the hustle & bustle of the Sunshine Coast strip to
acreage near Conondale near Maleny.

There's a dam with a steep clay bank that's eroded by rainfall. There are
some tiny native sapling trees struggling along.
I want to help these saplings along, stop the erosion (as it silts into

the
dam), & try beautify the bank with further plantings.

snip

Be careful with plantings on a dam bank / wall.
Greening Australia are probably the best contacts for advice in Qld .
Here's a starting point: http://www.greeningaustralia.org.au/GA/QLD/
...and here's a link to some of their erosion control info ....
http://www.greeningaustralia.org.au/...Services/Erosi
on+and+sediment+control/
or try: http://tinyurl.com/lwcsy if that link doesn't work.
....but better to ring them and discuss.
I'd suggest sticking to grasses, rushes and ground cover on the bank near
the dam. If it flows to a gully, I'd plant the trees there.

Cheers
Amanda