Old 08-06-2006, 02:38 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Susan Erickson

Default How Bout This

On 7 Jun 2006 20:02:22 -0700, "bobc" wrote:

On the subject - I don't recall ever seeing anyone advocating Loofa
sponge? Has anyone tried it? I have a piece from my wife's pampering
body stuff and am thinking of mounting an Angraecum calceolus to it -
but it's the only angreacum I have and don't want to risk it yet - I'm
a chicken!
Bob

I did not use that - I used a cactus spine that I picked up in a
garden center in AZ. But the problem is they decompose faster than a
sturdy branch... and a big hanging plant on a branch is at its best
just before the branch falls apart.

Loofa can decompose quite rappidly.
SuE