Old 08-06-2006, 05:08 PM
penance penance is offline
Registered User

Location: Bristol

Quote:
Originally Posted by trin
Sounds like we might be near neighbours. I'm just on the South Gloucestershire side. Its useful to find others who will have similar weather although I know that individual gardens in the same area can vary tremendously depending on how exposed they are.

You may be right, we are near the BAWA fields.

Our garden is quite shaded from the north side by an old boundary hedge, it takes a fair amount og light from the plot nearest it. I am loathed to cut the hedge tho as it mostly native trees.

I got fed up with the heavy clay we have here and put in 6 2.5 x 1 meter raised beds for veg growing.
Already looking like a higher yeild this year. I'm hoping it will continue to look that way....
Carrot Cruncher.