Old 08-06-2006, 03:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Posting in this forum

On 8/6/06 09:35, in article , "trin"
wrote:

Before I ask any more gardening questions, I would just like someone to
clarify for me the relationship between Garden Banter and this
forum(I'm sure I'm not meant to use that word). I found the you through
Garden Banter and thought it was part of that site. Is it not? I notice
that below my name in a post it says registered user rather than
usernet poster.
I started posting here because it made sense to ask questions about
gardening in Britain to a British group. If this is a private site or
invitation only please accept my apologies.
I'm afraid I tried to read the link about usenet in garden banter. It
was called Lost in Usenet..... and I'm still lost

Kay's explained it very well in a reply she made to an earlier post of yours
but basically, Garden Banter is a commercial group that lures people in by
'pinching' our posts here and putting them onto its site. GB does none of
the work, it merely plagiarises and quite a few of us object to that. Some
of the people here are professionals (I'm not, I'm married to one) and some
are keen amateurs and some are incredibly experienced and knowledgeable and
we feel it absolutely wrong that this expertise should be 'stolen' in this
way. That is nothing personal against GB posters, by the way, though one
non-gardening trouble making troll here would have you think it is.
I didn't see your other post because at times, my news reader doesn't
deliver them. I think that's the case with quite a few people, so
contributing direct to urg by using something like e.g. Outlook Express and
subscribing to the group through that, means your posts will be seen by
everyone and you will get more answers to any questions you have.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk