Old 08-06-2006, 03:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Judith Lea

Default Posting in this forum

In article , trin
writes

Before I ask any more gardening questions, I would just like someone to
clarify for me the relationship between Garden Banter and this
forum(I'm sure I'm not meant to use that word). I found the you through
Garden Banter and thought it was part of that site. Is it not? I notice
that below my name in a post it says registered user rather than
usernet poster.
I started posting here because it made sense to ask questions about
gardening in Britain to a British group. If this is a private site or
invitation only please accept my apologies.
I'm afraid I tried to read the link about usenet in garden banter. It
was called Lost in Usenet..... and I'm still lost

Welcome to urg where you will be warmly looked after by many
knowledgeable gardeners who, in my opinion, are the best on usenet. I
know nothing about garden banter as I only contribute to urg.

However, this is not a private group in any way and some of us have even
met each other. When I was very new to urg, Kay hosted a meet at Leeds
and I had a wonderful time where I was welcomed by everyone and I stayed
overnight with Kay and her "boys". urg is a great place to ask about
anything gardening in the UK. One little word of advice is that there
are FAQs (Frequently asked questions) and a lot of the time, the answers
may be in there which will save you typing your fingers down to the
bone.

Finally, don't worry about making a mistake by asking the same question
twice, in general they are patient and tolerant and treat those like me,
a bit of an idiot in the garden, with enormous respect; they only give
trolls a hard time and rightly so.

--
Judith Lea