Old 08-06-2006, 05:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Posting in this forum

On 8/6/06 17:08, in article , "JennyC"
wrote:

"Michael Crowe" wrote
"trin" wrote
Before I ask any more gardening questions, I would just like someone to
clarify for me the relationship between Garden Banter and this
forum(I'm sure I'm not meant to use that word). I found the you through
Garden Banter and thought it was part of that site. Is it not? I notice
that below my name in a post it says registered user rather than
usernet poster.
I started posting here because it made sense to ask questions about
gardening in Britain to a British group. If this is a private site or
invitation only please accept my apologies.
I'm afraid I tried to read the link about usenet in garden banter. It
was called Lost in Usenet..... and I'm still lost
trin

In a nutshell

SNIPPED
Michael Crowe

Take no notice of Mike. he's gets grouchy at times.

Mike does not get grouchy at times. Mike is a troll and a petulant and
spiteful one, too. You want to take a look at some of the remarks about him
in other groups he's infested!
There has never been a bad situation on urg since he barged in, that he has
not attempted to make worse and this one is a case in point - a perfect
illustration. Other than yourself, I cannot think of anyone who bothers
with Mike any more on a regular, or even irregular, basis because he has
shown himself in his true and horrible colours far too often. He is
ludicrously and risibly boastful about any subject you care to name into
which he can stick an oar and is a genuine laughing-stock because of it. He
is a liar and he is *exceedingly* malicious. So please don't put any of
that deliberate and calculated nastiness down to 'grouchy', because it is
incredibly misleading.
Even those who have mistakenly cosied up to him when they were newbies and
he was trying to do his "owners of the group won't like YOU" stuff, have
stopped talking to him.
He is also a hyperactive attention-seeker who would rather eat his own
pancreas than go unnoticed and ignored.

URG is a wonderful newsgroup and most people here are helpful and full of
knowledge :~)

There we do agree.

Here's some info about newsgroups:
http://www.usenet.org.uk/