Old 08-06-2006, 10:17 PM posted to rec.gardens
Stephen Henning

Default Zanfel ( Poison Ivy vs Bed Bugs)

"Ether Jones" wrote:

Has anybody had any luck with the product called "Zanfel"?

It's fairly new, and very expensive - about 40 dollars for a one ounce
tube. It's a special wash for poison ivy rash. The manufacturer
claims it stops the itching by bonding to the urushiol and removing it,
even after the oil has bonded to the skin and your immune system has
started attacking it (creating the rash and the itching).

I have a tube of it here. I have used it with mixed results.

The washes work best as preventatives after exposure but before the
rash. Nothing except time is a cure. Treatments just try to contain
the itch, the inflamation, and the other allergy symptoms.

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman