Old 09-06-2006, 12:20 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Picture of my container tomato cages

Mark Anderson wrote:
I just finished the initial structure of the cages that will support my
8 container tomato patch. You can see it at:

http://www.brandylion.com/images/tomato-cages.jpg

I built this quickly without a level or framing square so this structure
isn't up to my usual quality construction. :-) It's built entirely
with scrap wood I had laying around and cost me only $6 for a box of
screws. As the plants grow I'll be adding more lathing to it depending
on where the branches grow.

Had this area been in a more public space I would have painted and
squared it up better but since it's not, I'm just letting the wood deal
with the weather on its own. It only took me about 2 hours to put
together.

Neat. I'm sure the plants don't care about the finished product.