Old 09-06-2006, 12:43 AM posted to rec.gardens
Dwayne

Default Rust on Apple trees

I treated my fire blight by pruning the trees faithfully each Feb. In the
spring when the leaves started coming out, I removed all the dead wood as
soon as I identified it, that may have died after I pruned the trees. I was
informed that fire blight enters the trees when it finds dead wood.

I also removed all my cedar trees that were traditionally "up wind" from my
apples. That helped with the other problem.

Dwayne

wrote in message
oups.com...
OK, so now I think I'm learning something. Thanks for the web sites.
Looks like what I have is fire blight. The pictures and desciptions
match exactly what is going on with my trees.