Old 09-06-2006, 06:38 AM posted to rec.ponds
~Roy

Default Goldfish and Duckweed - two kinds

"Roy" Hauer aka Koi-Lo wrote in message

Well flattery will not get you anywhere with me boy you still are a
dickhead. See you should have spent more time studying instead of
playing with yourself. Has anyone ever told you that you look like a
Dick with ears? Well if not, you do!

Well I am of the belief that your still a ****ing asshole.

"Koi-Lo" Reply to NG Only wrote in message
*Note: There are two "Koi-Lo's" on the pond and aquaria groups.

"Jack Schmidling" wrote in message
Koi-Lo wrote:

Which duckweed do you have? Frilly edged or smooth?

It is commonly known as Great Duckweed, Spirodela polyrhiza

According to your description, it should be readliy eaten by the gold

fish
but is totally ignored.

===============================
Both my GF and koi, fed twice a day, will eat every speck I toss to them

in
minutes. They will not touch the frilly stuff. I grow duckweed in tubs
outside the ponds or they'd eat it all. Even the indoor fancy GF eat it

in
minutes.

How can you know they're not eating it when your pond is so huge? They

come
up under it and take a mouthful at a time. They would have to be right
where you're standing to see this, so don't get discouraged. You wont see
much of a difference with only 16 average size GF in your large pond. If
you can afford them, get a few half grown koi. They'll make a difference

lot faster. :-)
--
Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1995.