Old 09-06-2006, 06:39 AM posted to rec.ponds
~Roy

Default Goldfish and Duckweed

"Roy" Hauer aka Koi-Lo wrote in message

Well flattery will not get you anywhere with me boy you still are a
dickhead. See you should have spent more time studying instead of
playing with yourself. Has anyone ever told you that you look like a
Dick with ears? Well if not, you do!

Well I am of the belief that your still a ****ing asshole.

"Snooze" wrote in message
. com...
wrote in message
oups.com...
If it were not that several people here and elsewhere have said
goldfish eat duckweed, I would have written it off as nonsense.

I bought 16 feeders yesterday and have spent a good deal of time
studying their behavior and conclude that I have indeed been snookered.

I wouldn't be surprised if they're not bothering with the duckweed yet.
Despite common belief that goldfish are herbivores, the truth is they

prefer
protein from aquatic insects over grazing on algae and duckweed. Since you
just introduced fish to the pond, I wouldn't be surprised if it's stocked
with all kinds of far more preferable things to eat.

-S