Old 09-06-2006, 07:14 AM posted to rec.ponds
Roy

Default Goldfish and Duckweed

"Roy" Hauer aka Koi-Lo wrote in message

You dumb ass your like a broken record or an answering machine,. Your
just about usjing word for word what has already been posted..wake up
and smell the roses instead of your armpits jerk!

wrote in message
oups.com...
I presume there is still some expertise here in spite of the garbage so
I would like to expand on the duckweed thing.

If it were not that several people here and elsewhere have said
goldfish eat duckweed, I would have written it off as nonsense.

I bought 16 feeders yesterday and have spent a good deal of time
studying their behavior and conclude that I have indeed been snookered.

On the rare occasion that one came to the surface, it simply looked
around and sounded again.

It is hard to believe that 1600 or even 16,000 would have the slightest
impact on the duckweed populaton.

Does anyone have any experience in this regard with a real (natural)
pond?

Thanks,

js

Astronomy, Beer, Cheese, Fiber,Gems, Sausage,Silver
http://schmidling.com