Old 17-03-2003, 10:42 PM
mypet

Default Going bats! Bathouse questions....

You know the guano thing really had me puzzled when I saw the
suggestion to hang the bat box on the side of a house? I think I want
to put it in an area that I won't have to shovel bat poop.
DH is less than thrilled about my bat research and has been doing some
checking on his own and came up with a post that stated hummingbirds
did away with alot mosquitoes by feeding them to their young. Has
anybody here come across statistics on the number of mosquitoes a bat
would eat in comparison to hummingbirds, swifts, dragonflies, etc.? I
can tell I'm going to have to do a hard sell for him to help me put up
the houses.