Old 09-06-2006, 10:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Default Flower Identity

Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote:
In message .com, La
Puce writes
And the flower is indeed like the ronunculus ones - buttercup family -
like the geum.

How your sentence is meant to fit together is ambiguous - are you
claiming that Geum is ranunculaceous? (It's rosaceous.)

Nonono! I'm saying that the flower is like a ronunculus one, buttercup
family and similar, simply just *similar* of the geum. Janet pointed
out that the stamens are higher than the rim of the petals - a detail
which rules out the Geum posibility.

I'm hot, too hot now ... I'd give anything to get thrown into a river,
the sea, a bucket even!