Old 09-06-2006, 05:00 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
K Barrett

Default So what left in the Bay Area...

Well, most are by appointment only. White Oak Orchids comes to mind. Maybe
you can go by Golden Gate Orchids - they may be open if a club is taking a
tour, otherwise they are wholesale only. There's OrchidMania, but I have no
idea if they sell out of their greenhouses... I hope Eric Hunt chimes in on
this thread. There's Dan Newman's Hanging Gardens out in Pacifica. If you
have a day and a car there's Gold Country way out in the Sacramento area in
Lincoln. I have no idea how many of these are on the OrchidMall for
directions etc. I know White Oak's contact info can be found in the Diablo
View OS newsletter: http://www.dvos.org Also Dennis Olivas D&D Orchids has
GHs in Half Moon Bay. Again by appointment. I think his contact info is in
the DVOS newsletter. He has some of the late Bartley Schwartz's collection
(Highland Tropicals). Dennis is a great grower and an excellent speaker, if
your club needs a talk. If you wind up near Half Moon Bay there's Barbara's
Fish Shack for some great fish for lunch. Their calamari is good!

K Barrett

"Gene Schurg" wrote in message
Now that the orchid ranch is closed in Livermore where are the orchid
places
in the Bay Area? I might be out there for a day or two with time to
visit.

Good Growing,
Gene