Old 09-06-2006, 05:55 PM posted to rec.ponds
Derek Broughton

Default Goldfish and Duckweed

Galen Hekhuis wrote:

On Fri, 09 Jun 2006 15:29:20 GMT, (Roy) wrote:

Maybe in a crontolled co untry like Canada and a controlling state
like CAlifornia, things like this may be illegal , but its certianly
not the case all around the usa by any means.........a natural pond is
allowed fish or whatever speices you want to put in it in my area, as
long as approved guards . barriers are inplace. I love it when folks
do not know the ****ing answer and have tp imediately point out legakl
issues, when legal issues was not the original quesiton any
how...........typical crap from a bunch of ******s without a clue.

Uh, sort of. As far as private waters are concerned, Roy may indeed be
correct. However, as far as public waters go in Alabama, the statement is
quite wrong.

It's "quite wrong" in public and private waters of _most_ states and
provinces. Roy, as usual, is the one who doesn't know what he's talking
about. It may in fact be legal for him to introduce goldfish into private
waters - but then I said "in many places".
--
derek