Old 09-06-2006, 03:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BAC

Default Squirrels

"trin" wrote in message

fenwoman Wrote:
trin wrote in message
We caught the squirrel very easily and then drove to a large wood
about
10 miles away and set it free

This is illegal. You are not allowed to release captured grey squirrels
as
they are classed as pests.

Oooops, I did not know that. We were not told when we enquired about
methods of getting rid of them.
I just did read a bit on the net about this, which suggests we should
have released it into a bag then hit it over the head. Hard. Don't
think my nerves would stand it. Shooting was the other alternative but
I only have a water pistol.

Too late to worry about it now - and no harm done, either. One more or less
grey squirrel in an area already populated by the breed isn't likely to make
any significant difference.