Old 09-06-2006, 06:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike

Default ****ing on compost

quote

Mrs Irene Graham of Thorpe Avenue, Boscombe, delighted the
audience with her reminiscence of the German prisoner of war
who was sent each week to do her garden. He was repatriated
at the end of 1945, she recalled. "He'd always seemed a nice
friendly chap, but when the crocuses came up in the middle
of our lawn in February 1946, they spelt out Heil Hitler".
(Bournemouth Evening Echo)

my word that Prisoner of War got about :-((

I have seen that article/claim in just about every quarter of the UK :-(((

Mike

www.rnshipmates.co.uk
International Festival of the Sea 28th June - 1st July 2007