Old 09-06-2006, 06:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Default Lawn or border edging - aniseed twists?

Nigel Molesworth wrote:
I've got a quantity (heaped builder's wheelbarrow) of antique lawn or
border edging blocks that my wife refers to as "aniseed twists".
See photo:
http://www.webhost-online.co.uk/temp/twist.jpg
Has anyone got any idea what these are really called, or how to best
describe them, and what they are worth?

Worth a lot actually. I've found hundreds in my cellar when we moved to
our new house. I've used most of them in our garden and at the
allotment. I've even made a mozaic on one of them with our lotty
number.

This website sell them at 4 squid each. You're rich!!!

http://www.arcsal.com/mainlist.cfm?&...is cellaneous