Old 10-06-2006, 12:37 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default FAIRY RING FUNGI or MUSHROOM

Don't sweat it, the mushrooms you see are the reproductive parts of the
fungi that is breaking down organic material in the soil. Old tree
roots, stumps etc. Once they finish, it becomes more available to the
plants.
Japhy wrote:
Hello,
I just planted some new sod a couple of months ago (San Diego).
In 1 part of the lawn, I am getting some mushroom growth, or possibly
fairy ring fungus. Can anyone tell me how to identify if it is
mushrooms
or fairy ring fungus? If mushrooms, seems like I may be watering too
much. But if fairy ring fungus, sounds like one solution is to
saturate.
Any thoughts appreciated!