Old 10-06-2006, 01:51 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
John

Default what kind of vegetable would you recommend to grow in front yard?

You'll probably do best with herbs. You can lay them out in a formal,
European style garden plan and then when the snooty neighbors ask what
this or that plant is, you can pluck a leaf or stem and eat it right in
front of them. I imagine it could be fun to watch their reactions. :-)

Seriously, in addition to all the other good suggestions, including
terraces or big containers in the back yard, letting some garlic and
onions go to flower can add a nice touch as well. There are even some
strictly ornamental onions that are bred just for this purpose.

J.

Mark wrote:
The only place that is flat in my yard is in the front yard.
I want to grow some vegiatables.
What would you recommend to grow in front yard, so it is edible and
looks good enough not to **** homeowner asscociation?