Old 10-06-2006, 01:44 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Hilltop Cycle ATV

Default Murray cultivator

"Ken Weitzel" wrote in message

Hi...

Wonder if anyone happens to have knowledge of these Murray
cultivators... small 2 cycle engine, perhaps 30 or 40 cc things?

I bought one for a small garden (10 x 15 feet'ish) at the lake.
Durned thing bounces across the top really well, takes forever
and a lot of coaxing to get it to dig down even a few inches.

Studied the manual, made sure that tines were right way, etc.

Noticed that the manual warned me that the tines were self-sharpening
and that I had to be careful to not cut myself. Something wrong
here, 'cause I'm not sure they'd cut through warm butter!

Should mention, brand new. And the "cutting" edge is just flat
steel, no edge at all.

So, the question, if I may? Should I sharpen them? Have them
sharpened? Or wait for them to "self-sharpen"? Or throw it
away!

Thanks in advance, and take care.

Ken

Ken,
If you purchased it new, I would take it back and get the Mantis . They are
a little more expensive but my wife loves hers . I do use the big tiller in
the spring and then she cultivates/weeds the garden though out crop season
with the Mantis .
Just my .02,
Raz