Old 10-06-2006, 02:19 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Stubby

Default Hostas - Getting chewed up.

Freddie wrote:
Hi all,

1st time poster - dinna beat me up!

Ok, so I have about 10 nice sized hosta's in the back garden but they
are looking pretty ragged. I reckon the gypsy moth larvae are going to
lunch on them. Any recommendation for a bug spray that will repel or
kill them and not kill the plant?

Deer love hostas. Garden stores have sprays that work well at least
until it rains.

I also have many squirrels and chipmunks attacking my bird feeders and
while quite comical, they are getting pretty aggressive now.

Put a metal Slinky over the pole or rope that holds up the feeders.

BB Gun? Maybe a .22 to show who's boss...

You actually want the squirrels to eat up the dropped seed. You don't
want to attract rats or bears.