Old 10-06-2006, 04:43 PM posted to rec.gardens.bamboo

Default Plant Bamboo in a barrel planter?

Figure on an above the ground container taking temeratures 20 degrees
colder than the rhizomes in the ground come winter.
In other words winterkill is more likely in a container unless you
protect it somehow.
Kentucky Barrels wrote:
I am new to bamboo. I would like to know if it is possible to plant it
in a half whiskey barrel planter. It is 24 inches in diameter at the
top, 21 inches in diameter at the bottom and 18 inches deep. I am
thinking this would prevent it from spreading.