Old 11-06-2006, 01:01 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Chas Hurst

Default Hostas - Getting chewed up.

"Srgnt Billko" wrote in message

"Chas Hurst" wrote in message
. ..

"Srgnt Billko" wrote in message

"Chas Hurst" wrote in message
. ..

"Srgnt Billko" wrote in message

"Freddie" wrote in message
Hi all,

1st time poster - dinna beat me up!

Ok, so I have about 10 nice sized hosta's in the back garden but they
are looking pretty ragged. I reckon the gypsy moth larvae are going
lunch on them. Any recommendation for a bug spray that will repel or
kill them and not kill the plant?

I also have many squirrels and chipmunks attacking my bird feeders
and
while quite comical, they are getting pretty aggressive now.

BB Gun? Maybe a .22 to show who's boss...

Any help is appreciated!

Freddie

It's Mr Woodchuck that eats our Hostas - Hav-a-hart traps.

The same give-a-shit .22 that works on squirrels works on woodchucks.
What does one do with a woodchuck in a trap?

I have dropped them off on the grounds of a corporation I was ****ed off
at - and I have shot them in the trap which was safer than have a .22
ricochet toward the nearest house (about 800' away). I can tell you
they are tough little buggers and a .22 in the ass is not going to stop
them & you can forget the pellet gun.

I've shot many woodchucks on my property, and none in the ass. Why would
you shoot one there, that's cruel.
I use a .22 short on squirrels and a long rifle hollow point on
woodchucks.

With a scope no doubt.

No need for a scope. I have a single shot Winchester Mod 67A with open iron
sights.