Old 10-06-2006, 11:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
cineman

Default sweet pea blossoms

http://www.eaglesweetpeas.co.uk/

They will no doubt be at Gardeners World Live again this year.

Personally I grow them just for cutting and dont thin them, but when they
have about 3 pairs of leaves I nip the top out to make them bush, this gives
3 or more shoots per plant. My wife prefers masses of flowers rather than a
few large ones.

Regards
Cineman
They can get to 3 to 4 foot before flowering

"Rob Barrett" wrote in message
I asked a few weeks ago about growing sweet peas up strings beside the wall
of my house. They are growing pretty nicely -- about 2 feet tall now.

Two questions:
(1) Not wanting to throw any away (I guess I need to get over this), there
seem to be too many plants for the space. The greenery is quite dense
now. Should I pull some of them out? Can you point me to a picture of
what a nice set of climbers should look like?

(2) No sign of blossoms yet -- when do they start?