Old 11-06-2006, 01:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Galpin

Default When to stop picking asparagus/asparagus beetle

Should I be leaving my asparagus now to grow leaves? Is there a way of
telling when that should be? Joy Larkcom says 6 - 7 weeks of picking but
I'm afraid I can't remember when I started.

Also this is the first year I've noticed asparagus beetle eggs on some
of the spears and a few beetles as well. Is this likely to be a major
pest? Is this the beginning of the end of my trouble-free asparagus -
except for the challenge of keeping the weeds down, that is?

Janet G