Old 11-06-2006, 05:01 PM posted to rec.gardens
JoeSpareBedroom

Default evergreen w/dead spots, some brown tips

"AllEmailDeletedImmediately" wrote in message
thank you joe.

By the way, I didn't recommend that resource to avoid giving you an answer.
:-) I don't have one. Rather, there are often things happening on a local
basis with plants, and a local resource turns out to be the best one. For
instance, my thyme plant didn't make it through the winter. In 35 years of
gardening here, I've never lost a thyme plant. When I went to buy a new one,
the woman who runs the nursery said she'd never sold so many thyme plants by
early May - the plants had died for quite a few gardeners. The theory is
that we had a winter with almost no snow cover, and some of us probably
didn't mulch the plants enough to compensate for this.

All the advice on the web or newsgroups may not take local conditions (or
plant diseases) into account. It has to be found locally.