Old 11-06-2006, 05:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes

Default Grey squirrels - just as native as we are.

wrote in message
news
Grey Squirrels - just as native as we are

"Save our native red squirrels and kill the alien greys", is the
message being churned out by so-called conservationists in a cynical
and concerted hate campaign aimed at gaining public approval for the
mass slaughter of hundreds of thousands of these harmless, amusing,
friendly and social animals.

It's not just 'so-called conservationists' who are calling for the demise of
the tree rats, it's people like me who wish to eat some of the produce I
grow for my own consumption, and I happen to like seeing birds in my garden,
but both of these simple pleasures are stopped by the tree rats.

Alan