Old 17-03-2003, 11:32 PM
Penny Morgan

Default Is it OK to put dog poop on a garden?

The rule of thumb that I learned about composting manure is that any animal
that is a carnivore (meat eating), do NOT use their waste
on gardens or in compost. Any animal that is herbivore (plant eating), DO
use in compost and gardens.

I guess that's why chicken, cow, horse, etc. seems to be the poop of choice
for fertilizers. Don't worry, I had a stupid neighbor argue
with me that her cat poop in her gardens were fertilizing her plants. It
didn't take long to see flies, maggots and dead plants. HA!

Do a search on composting and manure and I bet you'll find some info on why
certain animal waste is not used.

Penny
Zone 7b - North Carolina
"Big Daddy" wrote in message
I am trying to settle an argument with someone that says you can and
even thinks it stupid if people don't. Any opinions either way?