Old 12-06-2006, 02:46 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
fr0g

Default Perculiar lawn mower problem

"FDR" wrote in message

"fr0g" wrote in message

I'd look at fuel delivery first. Check the screen in the tank and the

gas
cap (vent). It sounds (to me) like the flow of fuel is restricted. I've
seen
the cap vent cause this problem. After that checks out I'd look at the
carb.
Pull it, disassemble, clean, adjust, re-install. I bet you'll find some
crud
in the passages and restrictions in the fuel supply.

What would be reasonable to clean it with? Rag, solvent, WD40?

Go to the Auto Parts Store and get some "Gum Out" or similar carb cleaning
solvent. Wear eye protection and use in a well ventilated area (that stuff
is nasty). Use a toothbrush and fine wire to clean all the passages. Blow
out with air, re-assemble exactly in the reverse sequence from the way you
took it apart. I usually work on a clean towel so I can see all the parts if
they drop.