Old 11-06-2006, 10:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sla#s

Default new idea for barrier to stop slugs

jww wrote:
my neighbour says if i put my 'slug chewed' plant in a pot and then
stand the pot in a saucer and smear the saucer edge with Vaseline, the
slugs wont cross over the vaseline. any truth in this please? or any
other recommendations of what arrangement to stand the pot in
please? thanks

I had so many plants slaughtered by slugs last year so decided to try the
anti-slug nematodes this year.
I have to say that it was a great success. All the plants normally stunted
by
slugs early in the season are thriving. Eight weeks on I just noticed a
return of the slugs, so I have just ordered another batch of nematodes.

I was worried that doing this would kill off the food supply to the many
frogs
in the garden but they too seem to be doing very well.

Slatts