Old 12-06-2006, 12:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
fenwoman

Default new idea for barrier to stop slugs

Mary Fisher wrote in message
t...

either copper strip or if you have a QD shop near you, they sell crushed
seashells which you sprinkle around the plants which slugs don't like to
cross cos the shards poke them in their little sluggy tummies.

I tried that, it didn't work.

I have a large source of crushed eggshells which are sometimes suggested,
they didn't work either.

Perhaps yours have little kevlar slug tummy vests? The crushed seashell and
crushed eggshell works just fine for me. I grow hostas, luopins and all
sorts of slug favourites here very sucsessfully. The slugs are about cos
when I let the dogs out for their last piddle I see them on the concrete
path. Ginormous black ones and reddish brown ones nearly 3 inches long.They
just don't eat my plants.